Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Full Job Description
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the heavy-duty industry and apply today!
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Technician II is expected to have mastered all applications of Preventative Maintenance and to perform basic and advanced adjustments, repairs and component replacements with limited supervision. Additionally, the Technician II will perform basic diagnostic operations in order to successfully diagnose vehicle system failures and suggest accurate system repairs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunction(s).
- Provide customers with preventative maintenance solution, whenever appropriate.
- Maintain 80% productivity
- Prevent comebacks
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications and filter replacements.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes (air, hydraulic, electric and brake accessories).
- Test drive vehicles and test components using proper equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair suspension systems including leaf and coil spring systems, and Hendrickson walking beam type suspension systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems, exhaust systems, steering systems, air conditioning, PTO”S and custom exhaust systems.
- Adjust, remove and replace clutches and drivelines.
- Troubleshoot and repair fuel tanks, fifth wheels, trailer hitches, pintle hooks, auxiliary axles and frames.
- Perform tandem alignment, front axle king pin and bushing repairs.
- Perform basic aluminum and steel wire welding.
- Utilize machinery in order to repair or fabricate any driveshaft.
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical window and seat operating equipment and trim to gain access to vehicle bodies and fenders.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Diesel Technology Associates degree
- 3 + years of experience with class 7 & 8 trucks
- Experience repairing 53’ trailers
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Airbrake certified
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must provide hand tools, air tools, and toolbox.
- Maintain perfect safety record
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Non-climate controlled shop
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
To apply for this job please visit fleetpride.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.