Service Delivery Tech I
Sioux Falls, SD
“We Push the Boundaries of Possibilities for our Communities .”
Overview of the Position Responsibilities : Our Service Delivery Tech I will be responsible for service and support to proactively monitor and escalate application, system, and network incidents ensuring maximum availability and performance. The Service Delivery Tech I will perform these tasks using various standard network management tools, internal ticketing systems, and monitoring consoles. This role is also responsible for assisting with new Internet, video and VOIP installs by procuring and preparing commercial network and infrastructure equipment for installation. The Service Delivery Tech I also serves as a coordination point for communications between internal and external customers, NOC, as well as other operations teams during events which affect various sites. This person will help with root cause analysis of recurring incidents and raising escalations internally and externally as necessary. The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills and an aptitude to automate routine tasks and spot long-term trends in a broadband environment. If this sounds exciting, please read on.
Be part of our innovation- building and delivering a fiber-rich internet connection to people’s doorsteps.
What You Will Do:
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who can multitask well and work in a fast-paced environment without having to compromise with a lack of quality.
- Engage in proactive and reactive monitoring of the multi-service fiber optic network and related services, including video, telephone, Internet, and Enterprise IT services utilizing multiple network monitoring tools
- Monitor network resources, components, and Enterprise systems and servers, for performance, equipment malfunctions, and/or service outages
- Evaluate network alarm conditions and service outages; follow procedures to validate and classify potential impact and escalate to the appropriate personnel
- Document and actively coordinate resolution of service outages; assist in troubleshooting and pinpointing service outage components
- Provisioning and configuration of commercial network and infrastructure equipment for Internet, VOIP, fiber CPE, LTE/DSL, FTTH, and Video services.
- Level 2 Support for the Network Operations Center and assisting Network Engineering and fiber installation\maintenance technicians with troubleshooting services and installs.
- Execute daily computer routines for mission critical applications
- Log and document network events as they occur
- Communicate regularly with users, group members, Engineering, Field OPS, and Management regarding service outages and/or equipment malfunctions
- Coordinate efforts with third parties and vendors to resolve problems and issues as they arise
- Provide timely, comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve efficient resolution to outstanding problems or issues
- Perform preventative maintenance testing on the network as scheduled
- Perform proactive health checks as part of normal surveillance
- Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate documentation and/or reports as requested
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of network resources and components, software monitoring tools, data communications protocols and hardware, and the video, Internet, and telephone infrastructure
- Update process documentation and internal knowledge base to ensure all procedures are known
- Track performance and capacity using basic statistical concepts and tools
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
- Adhere to Bluepeak’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Associate degree or Vocational Certification in a related discipline is required
- Upon job offer, must be able to complete a background check and a drug test prior to employment
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP and other Internet protocols as well as experience with tools such as Ping, Trace Route, NS Lookup. Exposure to SolarWinds or other network monitoring platforms is preferred
- Basic understanding of networking, RF signal processing, AC & DC power
- One year related technological experience required
- NCTI “Operations Center Technical Support I” certification completed within the first year of employment
- Candidates must possess the ability to multitask, problem solve, think clearly, and respond in a fast-paced or fluid environment
- Must be reliable and dependable, self-motivated, and willing to learn and contribute to building a successful Service Delivery team
- Possess ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Train and guide new team members as required
- Effectively communicate with other departments to manage any escalating issues in a timely manner
- Possess strong, comprehensive technical and computer skills, including various applications, operating systems, etc.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical literature
- MS Office, internet software, e-mail communication, ICOMs billing system preferred
Why Work at Bluepeak?
- Competitive Compensation + Annual Bonus Eligibility
- Comprehensive Benefits Package, Including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k)
- Generous Vacation and Paid Sick Time + Paid Holidays and Personal Days
- Professional Development With an Emphasis on Internal Promotion
- Employee Discounts on Bluepeak Services, Including Internet
- Progressive and inclusive work culture in which our team has the flexibility, support, and resources to be successful in their careers!
We believe that the size of the city shouldn’t determine the quality of the technology. That’s why we are building for you: Faster, more reliable, and without the things that get in the way of great service-like red tape, hidden fees, and slow response times. And with up to 5 gigabits of speed for residential customers and 10 gigabits for businesses, we are whole new ballgame- from internet to TV, to connecting every device in your home, to powering your business, we’re not only providing the best fiber connections in your community, but we’re also meeting the growing needs for how you live.
Bluepeak is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.