Pharmacy Technology Specialist
Full Job Description
Under general supervision, supports the Avera pharmacy services in the following areas: (1) Database management; (2) Medical staff involvement; (3) Record retention and assurance of confidentiality; (4) Pharmacy office management; and (5) Systems management. Regularly performs complex and sensitive pharmacy services-related tasks using discretion and own judgment, serves as resource in such situations for pharmacy staff and formulates documents and reports for the director of pharmacy technology. Coordinates administrative support of pharmacy services, and manages affiliated inpatient pharmacy services in accordance with professional standards, regulatory and licensing agency policies, and federal and state laws related to the practice of pharmacy. Ensures that the department environment provides for maximum human development, channels human energies towards accomplishment of Avera McKennan’s philosophy, mission and goals. Coordinates work flow with other team members to ensure a productive and efficient environment. May be involved on organization committees.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- System Automation experience preferred.
- Data management skills preferred.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Proficiency in general technology hardware, as well as software including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Outlook required.
Location: Avera McKennan · MCK Pharmacy Admin
Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm; 80hrs/2wks
To apply for this job please visit pm.healthcaresource.com.