Website JDS Industries, Inc.
JDS Industries, Inc.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
JDS Industries is the largest wholesaler of personalization and awards components in the world. We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our great company! We work Monday through Friday, day hours only. Benefits start the first of the month after hire! Primary responsibilities include performing payroll-related duties on a professional level and work closely with the HR team in supporting the human resource and payroll processes at all business locations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employee’s hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, company policy, and hour laws and best practices.
- Maintains calendar indicating scheduled pay dates, pay increases dates, and dates when employees are to be added to benefit programs that require payroll deductions.
- Audits payroll register to ensure changes were made and payroll is accurate before it is final.
- Receives and processes child support deductions and garnishments through HRIS.
- Arranges for manual and special checks.
- Responsible to administer payroll pieces of employee terminations.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Responsible for coordinating employee events in leadership role or as support.
- Responsible for coordination of employee meals.
- Responsible for all aspects of employee gifts, and quarterly length of service celebrations.
- Responsible for maintenance of and filing of all payroll records.
- Responsible for weekly mail distribution
- Responsible for all filing.
- Complete unemployment and wage verifications.
- Assist with Leave of Absence tracking and reporting, as well as unemployment requests.
- Assists in maintaining employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Responsible for verification of benefits billings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competencies/Job Qualifications Desired
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
• Two years relevant experience preferred.
• Experience with Multi-state organization preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities and work with team members, and other members of leadership.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of payroll functions regarding preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
• Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations.
• Sound judgement and problem-solving skills.
• Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Knowledge of Software Applications, Including:
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with HRIS software and benefits administration processes.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.