Website Minnehaha County
Sioux Falls, SD
The Minnehaha County Highway Department is looking for a Mechanic to join our maintenance team! You will have the opportunity to learn and grow with an experienced team performing preventive and mechanical maintenance and repairs on automotive, medium and heavy duty trucks, and construction equipment. We are conveniently located in northeastern Sioux Falls near the intersection of I-90 and I-229.
Our mechanics get to work on a wide variety of equipment and are always learning something new. They repair, inspect, tune-up, weld and fabricate on more than 300 different pieces of equipment used to keep Minnehaha County’s highway infrastructure system safe, efficient, and reliable all year long. We value motivated employees who demonstrate a high degree of personal responsibility with a commitment to excellence. We offer you:
- Fri/Sat/Sun off every weekend March through November.
- Scheduled opportunities for regular pay raises!!
- Brand new, state of the art facility opening in September 2022 that is FULLY AIR CONDITIONED!
- Uniforms provided and a toolbox with all tools provided.
- No travel required!
- Ongoing training to keep skills current.
- Comprehensive benefits package – includes paid holidays; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; generous PTO program; extended sick leave program; inclusion into the South Dakota Retirement System (SDRS); and a deferred compensation plan.
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
All applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the date the position closes.
For a complete job description including a list of minimum and preferred qualifications, CLICK HERE. Not sure if you have the necessary qualifications or experience for this position? Contact Jen in HR at 605-367-4337 to discuss further. Additional training may be provided for qualified candidates to further develop skills and abilities.
The hiring range for the position is $24.16/hour – $26.65/hour plus a complete benefits package with full earning potential up to $34.98/hour. Salary dependent upon qualifications.
This posting will remain open until filled. Review of applications begins on June 23rd, 2022.
Minnehaha County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex or gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status. Arrangements for accommodations required by disabilities can be made by contacting Human Resources at (605) 367-4337.
To apply for this job please visit minnehahacounty.hireclick.com.