Sioux Falls, SD
Now offering a $500 sign on bonus (payable after 90 days) along with a quarterly bonus plan!
MISSION STATEMENT: Working together, we create opportunities and meaningful lives for people with disabilities.
POSITION: Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma/GED and valid driver’s license with safe driving record required. Must have the ability to lift and transfer objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Basic electrical, construction, plumbing, maintenance and computer skills desired.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Operate shop equipment, including:
a) Stationary power tools; and
b) Portable power tools; and
c) Soldering equipment; and
d) Yard/lawn maintenance equipment.
2. Group Home and Center Maintenance and Upkeep:
a) Perform maintenance duties as assigned.
- Order supplies and keep inventory as needed.
- Assist in snow and ice removal of agency facilities.
- Assume duties of other Maintenance staff in their absence.
3. Motor Vehicles:
a) Must have a valid driver’s license.
b) Safely operate and maintain agency vehicles (pickups, vans, buses).
c) Assure safety by properly using tie downs, seatbelts, lifts, and all other required safety equipment.
4. General Maintenance:
- Maintain wheelchairs in good working condition.
- Keep all other specialized equipment in working condition (i.e., feeders, tilt tables, etc.)
- Maintain in good repair the interior and exterior of all buildings owned and/or utilized by the agency.
- Maintain in good repair, as required by the lease, the interior of apartments rented by people supported within Community Services residential programs.
- Maintain and repair agency vehicles.
- Provide input to the Maintenance Lead concerning needs in the areas of building maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for the overall safety of all buildings owned and/or utilized by DakotAbilities.
- General lawn and yard maintenance.
i) All other duties as assigned.
a) Complete ongoing required training (OSHA, CPR, OMA, Relias Learning, etc.).
b) Adhere to the requirements of the agency’s Policies and Procedures.
c) Maintain compliance with city and housing codes.
a) Accurately complete documentation in all required areas using professional language (i.e., email, Therap, fabrications, etc.).
a) Complete cleaning tasks as assigned.
b) Follow the cleaning product usage guide.
a) Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members.
b) Use effective communication between coworkers, shifts, and departments.
c) Complete job requirements efficiently and timely.
a) Develop and maintain professional and respectful relationships with all DakotAbilities stakeholders.
a) Work shifts as assigned with regular and reliable attendance.
b) Follow the guidelines for contacting the Director of Finance with scheduling issues.
c) Attend weekly staff meetings.
11. Other Duties:
a) This job description is not all-inclusive of duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The following actions are performed regularly:
Lift >25 lbs.
The following actions are performed frequently:
Kneel, crouch, stand, walk, lift >50 lbs., push, bend, reach, repetitive movement.
The following actions are performed occasionally:
Sit, lift >100 lbs., carry, pull, and balance.
The following actions are performed seldom:
Crawl and climb.
To apply for this job please visit dakotabilities.hireclick.com.