Employment Specialist Coordinator
Website Call To Freedom
Call To Freedom
Sioux Falls, SD
Position: Employment Specialist Coordinator
Call to Freedom (CTF) is committed to identifying and responding to the needs of individuals at-risk of human trafficking and exploitation and those working to transition out of human trafficking. The ES Coordinator’s purpose is to oversee and manage the vocational programming for survivors and within CTF’s Survivor Work Program. This will consist of overseeing the CTF/Simply Perfect work-based program, the Vocational Rehabilitation program, as well as connecting employers in the community with survivors for the long-term employment needs of survivors.
Supervised by: Associate Director
- Collaborate with CTF Directors of Outreach and Marissa’s Project Manager to oversee all vocational programming for survivors in the CTF Survivor Work Program/Voc Rehab.
- Oversee the program development of resume building, soft skills training, mock interviews, and other related programming and training.
- Assist in providing education to promote employment opportunities for survivors and increase public awareness.
- Serve as primary contact between community businesses and The Division of Rehabilitation Services and Job Service.
- Develop and maintain suitable sites for job shadowing, situational assessments and/or employment; determine job matches; and complete assessments/placements as required to meet determined outcomes.
- Represent CTF in the workforce arena.
- Cultivate and maintain collaborative partnerships with a comprehensive network of workforce development providers, and employers throughout the state.
- Outreach to vocational partners to build awareness, develop partnerships, and provide a pathway for feedback on services.
- Develop and work with staff, participants, and partners to identify internal and external policy and practice changes that would support participants’ success; coordinate with CTF Directors to make program modifications and engage external partners to advocate for reforms.
- Develop methods and provide vocational oversight to identify, collect, and maintain quality programmatic data and facilitate program monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist in supervision of survivor work shifts and schedules
- Help person supported learn public transportation schedules/routes to create meaningful employment.
- Collaborate with CTF Finance Manager and employee specialist to assure all payroll and financial aspects of CTF/Simply Perfect Work-Based program are followed.
- Support CTF operations staff to identify potential funding opportunities and complete applications for funding; provide reporting needed for funding sources including Voc Rehab and Freedom Ignited LLC.
- Implement CTF’s Survivor Care program services with a standard of excellence.
- Performs other activities as assigned.
- Work with the CTF Finance Manager, Executive Director and Director of Operations to oversee the collecting and training of all direct reports in accordance with CTF HR policies.
- Provide direct supervision to the Employment Specialist staff and Work Program Shift Supervisors.
- Evaluate employee performance, address performance issues, and engage in career development and succession planning for all direct reports.
- Help promote a culture that fosters a passion for the mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and common vision.
- Work with the CTF Case Managers and Occupational Therapist to identify and address barriers to vocational programming service delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field, such as human resources, social work, business or education or a minimum of two years of experience in workforce development and job placement.
- Knowledge of the labor market.
- Knowledge and experience working with employers.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams and/or staff.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with high-risk populations.
- Experience providing community-based services preferred.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and exercise judgment and discretion.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work efficiently.
- CESP certified or willing to obtain within 1st year of employment.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to find creative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, current automobile insurance, and access to a reliable car, able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Full-time 32-40 hours per week.
To apply for this job please visit calltofreedom.hireclick.com.