Direct Support Professional-CHOICES
Website Volunteers of America, Dakotas
Volunteers of America, Dakotas
Sioux Falls, SD US
Direct Support Professional – CHOICES
**This position is eligible for a $2,500 hiring bonus ($1,000 for Relief) and $15/hour starting wage!**
Community * Hope * Opportunity * Independence * Careers * Empowerment * Success
Do you love caring for people? Are you hard working? Are you searching for a new career? If you answered yes, we would love to have you on our Team! As a Direct Support Professional, you will use your empathy, compassion, and kindness to care for our participants. You will work with wonderful team members and care for the medical, behavioral, and social needs of our participants in their homes. If you like to be challenged by your career, you will thrive in the energetic work environment as a Direct Support Professional. If you want to care for people, receive on the job training, and are looking for a change in your career, then come work with us!
Requirements: High School Diploma or GED, valid driver’s license with a good driving record, must be 18 years of age or older. Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written) with both internal staff and community partners.
Primary responsibilities for a Direct Support Professional:
- Provide quality care, and support for individuals with disabilities in their daily activities, including hygiene, preparing meals and transportation.
- Provide support in their personal goals; educational or employment related.
- Transport and assist individuals with activities in the community (employment, shopping, recreation, sports, movies etc).
- Follow individual support plans and document daily.
In addition to finding a meaningful career in making a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities, these benefits may be available to you:
- Shift Differential for weekend shifts between Friday 3pm – Monday 7am
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Flexible schedules
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (5 FREE sessions)
- Health, Medical, Dental benefits
- Qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLFP)
Volunteers of America, Dakotas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit voadakotas.hireclick.com.