Database Administrator III
Website First PREMIER Bank PREMIER Bankcard
First PREMIER Bank PREMIER Bankcard
Sioux Falls, SD
Facility: PREMIER Bankcard
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Shift: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Job Status: Full-Time
About the Role
Are you looking for the opportunity to utilize your ability in software development? PREMIER Bankcard is looking for a friendly, outgoing individual to be responsible for the administration of computerized databases including design, control, and maintenance. This is a level III DBA position. Qualified candidate will analyze information requirements and develop specifications for database construction and maintenance to ensure economy, efficiency, safety of information and utilization of new technical developments.
We support a promotion-from-within philosophy for strong performers!
Click to view a day in the life:https://youtu.be/jPxP6svk1PI
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers and maintains the company database and data warehouse.
- Implements and monitors database access and configurations.
- Resolves database performance and capacity issues.
- Performs database recovery and back-up.
- May involve capacity planning, and development work.
- Responsible for ongoing data schema and documentation of all internal databases and tables. Also includes maintaining data dictionaries.
- Completes internal projects as assigned by Application Development management.
- Provides problem management support. Makes daily decisions about the best way to resolve issues with the least impact to users under management supervision.
- Typical scope of the assignment is usually related to enhancements or functionality of multiple PREMIER internal databases or tables.
- Test functionality including necessary documentation for review by supervisor as defined in the SDLC.
- Accurately complete reports consisting of work time spent on projects within the department’s standard timeline.
- Ability to follow a stringent Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Must be able to efficiently manage time by organizing and prioritize tasks to maximize productive results and allow for flexibility where necessary to serve a change in priorities or an additional challenge.
- Must be able to communicate thoughts, observations to participate and present information to various levels within the organization. May require communication in written or verbal form.
- Perform associated tasks with on-call assignments including answering help desk phone and monitoring and remediate the completion daily processes.
- Conduct tasks in a manner that complies with all consumer protection regulations and treats consumers fairly.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with multiple RDBMS platforms, MSSQL preferred
- Experience with ETL platforms, SSIS preferred
- Performance troubleshooting
- AWS/Azure database and data movement services preferred
- Data modeling experience preferred
- Experience with Data Governance platforms, Informatica preferred
- PowerBI reporting and administration desired
- Combination of education/experience in application software development and/or computer data management that would enable incumbent to meet essential duties and required competencies of the position is required.
- May require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Typically requires 2-5 years of related experience, prefer a minimum of 3 year of experience in a software development environment.
- Windows domain and/or database experience/knowledge is necessary to perform essential functions and tasks of position.
- Proficiency of the English language.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to concentrate and work independently.
- Attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to learn, adapt to change, and become proficient quickly.
- Ability to handle stress, exercise self-control, adhere to company policies and procedures and uphold The PREMIER Way.
Pay and Benefits
- Additional monthly compensation for high performers in the form of incentives, spot awards and bonuses
- Full medical benefits for 20+ hours/week. Medical plans and contributions to spending accounts with free dental, vision, EAP, life, AD&D, company match 401(k), long and short-term disability plans
- Generous time off plans including PTO, Sick Pay, and Bonus Days
- 401(k) – Dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% of total compensation, 100% employee-owned
- Growth plans and career pathways having the opportunity to receive an hourly wage increase
- PREMIER Wellness Program
- Special discounts and pre-sell offers for Denny Sanford PREMIER Center events
- Paid community volunteer hours
- Special employee parties and incentives
At First PREMIER Bank and PREMIER Bankcard, we’ve created a culture that emphasizes personal success, respect, health and wellness, fun and giving back. This is an environment where you will be rewarded, valued and celebrated for your hard work. We provide our employees a robust and expanded package of health benefits, incentives, growth and career advancement opportunities and some epic parties—from concerts by big-name artists to giving away cars. We believe in investing in our employees, their families and our communities.
To ensure timely communication during the application process, please ensure that the “My Presence” portion of your profile is kept current. This should include your most recent phone number and email address. Additionally, please upload any relevant documentation, such as a cover letter and resume. Initial contact will be made via email. Please check your email regularly for any updates or sign in at http://www.firstpremier.com/careers to view any status changes.
Neither First PREMIER Bank nor PREMIER Bankcard, LLC discriminates in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or status within any other protected group.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.