Data Engineer I
Sioux Falls, SD
Support all aspects of Midco data strategy and enterprise data analytics. Focus on SQL development and ETL
processes across Midco departments. Provide support in the database design, data flow and analysis activities.
• Develop and maintain data solutions that support short and long-term information & analysis goals.
• Develop and maintain ETL procedures for optimal processing of data from a wide variety of data sources.
Ensure data is verified and quality is checked
• Create and maintain SSRS reports to ensure business partners have information to make informed
• Build analytic data sets to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and
other key business performance metrics.
• Work with various Midco stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data
• Ensure data integrity through regular communications with IT developers, Analysts and SMEs
• Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external
• Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure customer’s privacy
• Maintain regular attendance.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and strategies, initiatives and projects
of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all
• Possess strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
• Change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that develops positive
relationships with team members, customer and leadership.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
• Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum one year experience as a Database Administrator, Developer or Data Analyst. Two to three
years’ experience preferred.
• Experience with developing SQL server scripts, stored procedures, and utilizing SSIS is required.
• Experience working with application developers or business analysts is preferred.
• Experience in dimensional modelling is preferred.
• Experience with one or more of the following languages: C#, R, MDX, PowerShell, COBOL, RPG, CL is
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business
hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Is the leading provider of reliable, high-speed internet via fiber and fixed wireless technology, serving 460,000 homes and businesses in 400 communities across the Midwest.
- Provides exceptional customer experience and a superior network, while being a force for good in the communities we serve.
- Delivers TV services including Midco Sports (a regional sports network), phone, data center and advertising services, plus wholesale networking solutions.
Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free Midco internet & TV
- Great opportunities to get involved in volunteerism
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work programs
- And many more
VisitMidco.com/Careersto learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer toMidco.com/FederalPosters.
To apply for this job please visit midcosf.hireclick.com.