Website Grand Prairie Foods Inc
Full Job Description
Description: Lover of Puzzles to Solve and Numbers to Manage – Does This Describe You?
Grand Prairie Foods* is a locally owned company that has had over 18 years of growth. We are looking for the right person to join the team as our Cost Accountant and be a part of the team that takes us to the next level! In this key role, you will be responsible for systemic pricing and costs. In this position, you are not just a number – You Are the Number – the only one! If you like the challenge to work independently navigate on all levels of an organization, then this is the job for you. You will serve as the point person for sales pricing and production/purchasing costs as well as reporting and analyzing product margins. You will have the opportunity to work on strategic projects that will have a direct impact on the company’s growth and financial performance.
- Point person for systemic pricing and costs.
- Works with marketing & sales on product pricing. Ensures pricing set at the appropriate margin.
- Tell good accounting jokes!
- Works with production on product costing. Ensures accuracy of bills of material, yield, and labor)
- Works with purchasing standards, price variances, and pursuit of volume discounts.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining product cost control procedures.
- Responsible for accounting and reporting of product margins.
- Get involved with company activities – maybe serve on the Care Committee, Annual Picnic or Blizzard run in the summer!
- Participate in ERP implementation.
- Assist with continuous improvement of the product cost (automation, yield, labor efficiency)
- Assist with physical inventories.
- Assist in month-end close out of inventory perpetual on issues related to costing.
- Coach, train, and direct employees on proper costing procedures.
. Requirements: SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient computer skills and working on inventory software and programs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel primarily)
- Experience in cost accounting practices (bill of material, cost allocation, standards, margins)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to motivate employees to get desired results.
- Ability to do the following activities: reaching, stooping, climbing, balancing, lifting, pushing, carrying, driving, sitting, handling paperwork, pulling, and gripping items over 40 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree required
- 3-5 years of experience directly in manufacturing and cost accounting preferred.
- Proven calm in the storm of swirling numbers and challenges
- Previous experience with ERP systems a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.