Certified Athletic Trainer
Website Orthopedic Institute
Sioux Falls, SD
Orthopedic Institute is currently recruiting a full-time Athletic Trainer providing coverage for our outreach areas. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must for this position for interacting with athletes and their families, medical professionals, coaches, and administrators. This position requires the Athletic Trainer to have knowledge regarding a large range of medical problems, as well as, strong assessment and evaluation skills.
- Deliver full time Athletic Training coverage, which would include nights and weekends.
- Apply and teach athletes the use of protective or injury prevention devices such as tape, bandages, and braces.
- Recognize and evaluate injuries; refer for appropriate care as needed.
- Administer first aid or emergency care.
- Manage and execute rehabilitation programs for injured athletes in conjunction with Orthopedic Institute’s Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation department.
- Perform administrative tasks such as education, injury and treatment logs.
- Communicate with medical staff and coaching staff regarding the injury status of athletes
- Opportunity to work in Sport Medicine and Rehab Department at Orthopedic Institute as schedule allows.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
- NATABOC Certification
- Licensed (or eligible) for Athletic Training Licensure in South Dakota
- CPR certification
- CSCS preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with clinicians, administrators, coaches, parents, and patients
To apply for this job please visit oi.hireclick.com.