Building Maintenance Lead Worker
Website South Dakota State Government
South Dakota State Government
Sioux Falls, SD
Job ID: 19344
Agency: Department of Corrections
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Salary: $16.86 – 18.97 per hour or DOE (Starting June 9, 2022)
Pay Grade: GF
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Corrections. For more information on the Department of Corrections, please visit https://doc.sd.gov/ .
Performs skilled building maintenance tasks as a lead worker/crew leader in the areas of electrical, plumbing, finish carpentry, refrigeration, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, painting, and preventive maintenance to provide for the continued, safe, and efficient operation of the facility and associated areas.
- Serves as a lead worker/crew leader to ensure operations are maintained
- Repairs or replaces heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment, plumbing, physical structures, locking, electrical, and wiring systems to ensure the safe and continued operation of the building or facility.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections for defective or worn parts, equipment or structures to ensure continued and safe operations.
- Builds or remodels the interior and exterior of buildings to meet the required maintenance needs of the facility.
- Completes reports and records to provide or verify costs associated with the completion of tasks.
- Performs other work as assigned.
Licenses and Certifications:
Some positions may require possession of or the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license.
Some positions may require a license or certification in a specific area or trade.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- the methods and practices of general building or facility maintenance;
- building construction;
- tools and equipment associated with the tasks of the position;
- the specific trade area associated with the duties of the position.
- communicate information clearly and concisely;
- establish timetables for projects;
- follow instructions;
- direct the activities of others;
- deal tactfully with others;
- complete delegated tasks;
- read and understand blueprints and drawings;
- operate required tools and equipment;
- lift 50 pounds or more;
- work from ladders; scaffolding; or in confined areas.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Y ou must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
” An Equal Opportunity Employer”
To apply for this job please visit statesdgovt.hireclick.com.