Sioux Falls, SD
“We Push the Boundaries of Possibilities for our Communities .”
Overview of the Position Responsibilities : Our Broadband Technician will Install and repair broadband communications system in compliance with company technical standards from consumer service to exterior tap locations. If this sounds exciting, please read on.
Be part of our innovation- building and delivering a fiber-rich internet connection to people’s doorsteps.
What You Will Do:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual who seeks to elevate their career
- Perform new connects, reconnects, disconnects, upgrades, downgrades, and change-of-service
- Install and relocate outlets
- Install or remove converters and cable modems
- Install interior and exterior wiring
- Connect peripheral equipment
- Train customers on proper use of equipment
- Monitor, repair and record system, drop, and in-house leakage
- Assure proper signal levels and picture quality
- Identify causes of picture and/or signal degradation
- Troubleshoot from consumer device to tap
- Troubleshoot, repair and replace components from tap to consumer device
- Assure system security by terminating unused ports and tag drops and locking pedestals
- Take voltage measurements
- Understand/apply FCC and NESC technical standards
- Identify and report all incidents of noncompliance (FCC, NESC, OSHA and Bluepeak standards)
- Provide superior customer service
- Complete all tasks to Bluepeak quality standards
- Always maintain professional appearance and behavior
- Maintain excellent attendance
- Responsible for motor vehicle per company policy including equipment & tool inventory, vehicle security and vehicle maintenance
- Replaces defective/damaged tap plates and installs new taps
- Troubleshoots/repairs problems between customer equipment and the RF of the optical node
- Tests, maintains, splices, repairs and replaces coax cable
- Installs rigid and semi-rigid coax cable (underground and aerial)
- Troubleshoots/repairs problems with RF, AC, DC portion of forward and reverse plant for transmission levels, signal losses and other interference
- Performs routine balancing, aligning and adjustment of components and equipment used to amplify and process signals from output of the node
- Performs underground and aerial construction duties associated with CATV operations
- Tests coax cable using signal level meters, volt-OHM meters, spectrum analyzers and compares findings with documentation
- Performs network troubleshooting including ping test, trace routes and speed test
- Installs power supply and performs field engineering walkouts
- Other duties as assigned – which may include training other employees
What You Will Need:
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of experience in the broadband communication field preferred
- Upon job offer, must be able to pass a background check and drug test prior to starting employment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Able to present technical information to a non-technical audience
- Able to work independently
- Able to accurately measure distances using tapes and other measuring devices
- Able to use assigned test equipment including but not limited to signal level meter (SLM), leakage detector, volt ohm meter, sweep receiver, underground locater and TDR
- Able to prioritize and organize assignments and responsibilities
- Able to accurately maintain records, logs, reports, work orders, etc.
- Able to operate office equipment, fax, copier, etc.
- Able to handle escalations and time-critical issues
- Able to read street maps and system design prints
- Able to work flexible hours as required including evenings, weekends and on-call shifts
- Basic computer skills are required including internet and e-mail
Why Work at Bluepeak?
- Competitive Compensation + Annual Bonus Eligibility
- Comprehensive Benefits Package, Including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k)
- Generous Vacation and Paid Sick Time + Paid Holidays and Personal Days
- Professional Development With an Emphasis on Internal Promotion
- Employee Discounts on Bluepeak Services, Including Internet
- Progressive and inclusive work culture in which our team has the flexibility, support, and resources to be successful in their careers!
We believe that the size of the city shouldn’t determine the quality of the technology. That’s why we are building for you: Faster, more reliable, and without the things that get in the way of great service-like red tape, hidden fees, and slow response times. And with up to 5 gigabits of speed for residential customers and 10 gigabits for businesses, we are whole new ballgame- from internet to TV, to connecting every device in your home, to powering your business, we’re not only providing the best fiber connections in your community, but we’re also meeting the growing needs for how you live.
Bluepeak is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.