Apprentice Plumber – Sioux Falls
Website Krohmer Plumbing, Inc.
Krohmer Plumbing, Inc.
Sioux Falls, SD
Krohmer Plumbing is a plumbing and mechanical contractor that provides services throughout South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, and Nebraska. We’ve also completed projects in North Dakota and Wyoming. Our work includes projects in the commercial, residential, and service areas. We are one of the largest contractors in the area with 135 team members, and we are looking for more great people to join our team. We work on some of the highest profile projects in the region! We have offices in Mitchell, Sioux Falls, and Rapid City.
The Apprentice Plumber assembles, installs, or repairs pipes, fittings, or fixtures, of domestic water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, heating, and other piping systems according to specifications and plumbing codes. The Apprentice Plumber is responsible for delivering high quality work and productivity. The Apprentice Plumber is required to work diligently to become a skilled Journeyman Plumber.
Essential Job Functions:
- Represent Krohmer Plumbing in a professional manner
- Wear all required PPE
- Ensure that all work is in accordance with federal, state, and local plumbing codes
- Prepare, fabricate, and install plumbing and piping systems
- Cut and carry pipe, fittings, and equipment
- Design and layout work
- Read and understand blueprints, specifications, and submittals
- Repair and install various types of pipes including iron, steel, copper, PVC, and cast iron
- Work required hours to hit mandatory deadlines
- Keep area clean and organized
- Determine the right tools and equipment necessary to successfully complete a job
- Operate power tools and equipment
- Maintain tools and equipment in good working order
- Evaluate Foreman, Journeyman and Apprentices when requested
- Other duties assigned
- Competent, responsible, organized, and team-oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to work independently and with others to meet performance goals
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Leadership skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Must possess and maintain an active state and city license in all cities and states you perform work in
- Heavy lifting, carrying, and operation of tools and equipment up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work on ladders and high places
- Prolonged standing and frequent bending, stopping, and reaching on a daily basis
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Able to legally work in the United States
- Pass a drug test
- Paid Major Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Flex Spending Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Field Incentive Program
- Safety Incentive Program
- This position description is intended to provide a fairly comprehensive and accurate description of the position, but it will not cover all aspects, details, or tasks required. Other functions, responsibilities and requirements may be assigned, and this position description may be changed at the direction Krohmer Plumbing.
Krohmer Plumbing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit krohmerplumbing.hireclick.com.