￼Warehouse Associate I
Sioux Falls, SD
Process incoming and outgoing warehouse shipments. Manage the inventory control, requisition and distribution of equipment.
- Prepare and process all incoming and outgoing warehouse shipments by picking, loading, unloading, and securing the equipment.
- Utilize the inventory system to maintain the inventory in an organized manner. Ensure all inventory is properly secured.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment including, but not limited to steel toe shoes, face guards, protective gloves, and aprons.
- Responsible for mailing equipment to customers and returning equipment that customers mail back to Midcontinent, including removing the equipment from the customer’s account in ICOMS.
- Operate warehouse equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Use safe practices to load and unload incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Provide clerical and administrative support as necessary.
- Responsible for staging set-top equipment in preparation for assigning to customers.
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentor and train new hires as required.
- Cross-train to meet customer demand.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one to three years inventory or warehouse experience required.
- Must possess or obtain certification to operate warehouse equipment, such as a forklift.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 50 lbs. When lifting loads heavier than 50 pounds, it is required for two or more people to lift the load.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, vibration, paint, and various cleaning chemicals.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Is the leading provider of reliable, high-speed internet via fiber and fixed wireless technology, serving 460,000 homes and businesses in 400 communities across the Midwest.
- Provides exceptional customer service and a superior network, while being a force for good in the communities we serve.
- Delivers TV services including Midco Sports (a regional sports network, phone, data center and advertising services, plus wholesale networking solutions.
Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free Midco internet & TV
- Great opportunities to get involved in volunteerism
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work programs
- And many more
Visit Midco.com/Careers to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer toMidco.com/FederalPosters.
To apply for this job please visit midcosf.hireclick.com.