￼Program Instructor-Land Survey Science
Website Southeast Technical College
Southeast Technical College
Sioux Falls, SD
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota Campus
Department: Academic Affairs/Engineering Technology Division
Position: Program Instructor-Land Survey Science
FLSA Type: Exempt Instructor
Salary-186 Day Annual Work Schedule. *Position qualifies for South Dakota instructional salary support.
Link To: Employee Benefits
Southeast Tech is a technical college located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. For over 50 years, we have provided a cost-effective, career relevant education that prepares our students for employment in 24 months or less with some of the area’s best employers. We offer more than 70 associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs in today’s most innovative fields. Our mission is to educate individuals for dynamic and rewarding careers that promote lifetime success and meet the workforce needs of our region.
This faculty position provides instruction, student advising, and academic program responsibilities for Southeast Tech’s Land Survey Science Program. Responsibilities include:
- develop and teach competency-based curriculum to provide classroom theory and application to prepare students for entry-level positions in their field of study.
- responsible for the operation of the program, including budget, industry relations, periodic review and evaluation, and effectiveness of program assessment and curriculum development.
- work with industry and advisory boards to create and facilitate student learning opportunities.
- continually assess and enhance the program to meet Southeast Tech’s educational requirements, the rules and regulations of its accrediting bodies, and the most current federal and industry standards.
- meet the needs of our changing organization through student centered instruction, professional development, technology and innovation, internal collaboration, and outreach to our communities and industries.
- support the mission of Southeast Tech by preparing students for employment in a dynamic, changing work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science, Civil Engineering Technology, Surveying Technology, or related field preferred. Associate’s degree in Applied Science, Civil Engineering Technology, Surveying Technology, or related field required.
- Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) License required.
- Minimum of two years of full-time industry experience is required.
- Three years post-secondary teaching and applied curriculum development experience preferred.
- Prior online teaching experience and knowledge of Learning Management Systems preferred.
- Above average proficiency in project management and processes, and Auto CAD dimensional programs that are relative to current industry standards.
- Fully functional with Microsoft Office Suite and online communication tools.
- Ability to design and deliver courses through online/blended instruction utilizing the campus learning management systems.
- Post-hire requirement to obtain South Dakota post-secondary teacher credential.
- Post-hire criminal background check required.
Join our team and be a part of our campus community that is committed to providing educational excellence for tomorrow’s workforce. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Position open until filled. EOE.
Follow these steps to apply:
- Upload the Application Documents into the “Resume” box and authorize the online “Consent Form.”
- Application Documents required for this position include your resume and/or curriculum vitae (CV) AND copies or your academic transcripts and applicable certifications.
To apply for this job please visit southeasttech.hireclick.com.