￼Dispatch Support Specialist I
Sioux Falls, SD
This position can be anywhere in our Midco footprint of North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Kansas, and Wisconsin. Preferred locations are Sioux Falls, SD or Fargo, ND.
Support the operational elements of Field Operations and other internal departments by providing advanced trouble shooting and provisioning of customer premise equipment for residential and business customers.
• Provide exceptional customer service in all aspects of work with internal customers.
• Resolve service and scheduling issues to support external customer needs and to provide service to Midco customers.
• Respond to requests, needs, and inquiries from Field Technicians or other internal customers related to customer account maintenance.
• Be available to take incoming calls from Field Technicians with scheduling and service issues.
• Serve as liaison between Field Technicians and customer service representatives and support them equally in an effort to provide quality customer service to Midco customers.
• Record electronic transactions accurately with every call.
• Follow up with customers in a timely manner if necessary.
• Possess strong technical and computer-based skills.
• Work directly with Video Engineers and Net Transport teams when advanced troubleshooting does not correct the issue.
• Report Outages and Global Technical Issues to the NOC.
• Provision new and existing telephone lines in applicable phone switch(es) supporting the needs of the telephone network.
• Provide back-office support by researching and resolving switch related Trouble Calls.
• Research and manually process Change Orders, Disconnects, Vacation Orders, and Port Outs not able to be completed via automation.
• Be proficient with the Tech Tool and reinforce and provide instructions for work order tasks that can be completed with the tool.
• Be proficient with point allocation, point adjustment, and scheduling in terms of workorder management.
• Work with ICOMS, Work Assure, and various phone provisioning platforms.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cross-train as requested to develop and broaden skill sets and to support customer demand.
• Mentor new hires as required.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement to existing procedures while creating and implementing viable solutions for improving work order completion, on time arrival, and customer friendly work order scheduling as part of supporting Field Operations.
• Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Minimum of 1 year customer service call center experience or Field Technician experience required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS:
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
• Employees may be required to work rotating shifts.
• Employees may be required to work more than 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings, and weekends as business demands.
- Is the leading provider of reliable, high-speed internet via fiber and fixed wireless technology, serving 460,000 homes and businesses in 400 communities across the Midwest.
- Provides exceptional customer experience and a superior network, while being a force for good in the communities we serve.
- Delivers TV services including Midco Sports (a regional sports network), phone, data center and advertising services, plus wholesale networking solutions.
Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free Midco internet & TV
- Great opportunities to get involved in volunteerism
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work programs
- And many more
Visit Midco.com/Careers to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer toMidco.com/FederalPosters.
To apply for this job please visit midcosf.hireclick.com.