￼Associate Safety Coordinator
Website Smithfield Foods
Sioux Falls, SD
The Associate Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Safety Department in promoting a healthy and safe workplace at the designated facility. These duties will be accomplished by assisting in technical expertise to the plant safety and health teams, supporting safety training on safety and health topics, and encouraging active employee involvement in the safety process.
Coordination of Safety Programs
- Obtain overall knowledge, management and implementation of internal safety programs and regulatory compliance associated with our industry including; EIPMS, Workers Compensation, (PSM) Process Safety Management, Ergonomics, Auditing, Incident Investigation, Team and Committees, Budgets, Behavioral Based Safety and 1910 CFR Regulatory Compliance.
Administrative Documentation and Organization
- Ensure training and document is maintained with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure supervisory personnel are aware of employee restrictions due to work-related injury or illness.
- Ensure employees are working within those restrictions.
- Participate in accident investigation process.
- Special projects and initiatives to work on independently and present findings to the plant management and/or corporate management as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions .
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 2+ years of relevant experience, required.
- Efficient in Microsoft programs and analysis capability
- Good decision making skills and ability to perform in stressful situations.
- Must be able to travel on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics & physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to perform job duties on the production floor in wet and/or humid conditions, work in temperatures ranging from -10 to 110 degrees F and in constant noise, exposure to fumes, dust, mechanical, electrical and safety hazards, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electric shock and vibration, and outside weather conditions.
- Noise level in the plant environment is usually loud in the manufacturing and production environments.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to stand on hard, wet, slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat, bend and twist in order to perform essential job duties.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits .
PEOPLE MATTER More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT Working at Smithfield isn’t just a job – it’s the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
BENEFITS Our people matter. That’s why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGE Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing “Good food. Responsibly ® ” and serve as one of the world’s leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield ® , Eckrich ® and Nathan’s Famous ® , among many others. For more information, visit http://www.smithfieldfoods.com , and connect with us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn and Instagram .
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-smithfield.icims.com.